A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- When speaking to the press today ahead of tomorrow’s FA Cup tie with Luton, Rafa Benitez has admitted that he STILL does not know what is budget almost a week into the transfer window – Read his full comments here.
- An interesting transfer story has emerged this afternoon, with Sky Sports reporting that Newcastle have discussed the prospect of bringing Andy Carroll back to St James’ Park – however Benitez isn’t so sure. Read full transfer story here.
- The Chronicle have confirmed today that we look set to be unsuccessful in our attempts to sign Danny Ings on loan – with Liverpool now indicating that he will remain on Merseyside this month. Read full story here.
- After January has begun with a frustrating days on the transfer front, the Chronicle have offered some reassurance as far a deal for Chelsea’s Kenedy is concerned, claiming the club are optimistic that he will arrive once Chelsea secure new signings. Full story here.
- Adam Armstrong has been recalled from his loan spell with Bolton and is close to joining Blackburn for the second-half of the season – meaning he WON’T be included in Benitez’s FA Cup squad to face Luton tomorrow. Two other NUFC youngsters have also agreed loan moves away. Full story here.
- A new name linked to NUFC from the Telegraph, who claim that ourselves and Burnley are eyeing a move for £18m-rated Las Palmas playmaker Jonathan Viera – Read full transfer story here.
- After being released from prison over the summer, ex-NUFC ‘forward’ Nile Ranger has shot himself in the foot yet again, with Southend confirming this week that they’ve been forced to terminate his contract due to ‘reoccurring disciplinary issues’ – Read full story & NUFC fan reaction here.
- And finally, we’ve taken a look at FIVE players Benitez may rekindle his interest in this month after unsuccessful attempts over the summer – See full article and the 5 players here.