A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Speaking about our FA Cup win over Luton at the weekend, Jamaal Lascelles has admitted that every player wanted to play on Saturday – stating that this wouldn’t have been the case in the past, with former players likely to have been keen to get a weekend off instead. Read the skippers brilliant interview here.
- Sky Sports’ North-East correspondent Keith Downie has confirmed that Benitez HAS made attempts to bring in David Luiz, Daniel Sturridge and Danny Ings, but it is understood that NONE of these deals are going to happen despite Rafa’s efforts. Full story here.
- Despite him initially being accused of ‘bullying’, it has now been reported by Sky Sports that the NUFC coach Peter Beardsley will face club officials today after ‘several’ African academy players have complained about racial abuse. Read shocking full story here.
- According to the Guardian, Chelsea are close to securing the £29m signing of Porto left-back Alex Telles – meaning Kenedy’s proposed loan move to NUFC should now be activated if and when the deal is completed. Full story here.
- According to the Birmingham Mail, both Aston Villa and Leeds could be set to make a move to sign Jack Colback, with the NUFC midfielder having been told by Benitez that he’s free to leave the club this month. Full story here. Read full transfer story here.
- Rafa Benitez is hoping to bring in FOUR new signings to Newcastle over this month’s January transfer window according to Sky Sports – and ambitious total given the gaffer STILL doesn’t know his budget over a week into the new year. Full story here.
- And finally, another name has been thrown into the goalkeeper mix, with the Daily Mail claiming that Rafa Benitez is working on a loan deal for PSG’s out of favour Kevin Trapp – with two other options on his radar. Full story here.