A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Some huge claims from the Daily Express today, who claim that Jonjo Shelvey is ‘closing in’ on a £12m move to West Ham. Big claims but we’re not convinced – Full story here.
- Newcastle United have released a statement in the last few moments to address Peter Beardsley’s situation following allegations of racism and bullying of U-23 players, stating that he has now taken a ‘period of leave’ while the club investigate the case – Read fulls statement here.
- Aleksandar Mitrovic is attracting interest from several sides if recent reports are to be believed, however the Chronicle claim NUFC will only allow him to leave if his £15m price tag is met – with Rafa also wanting a replacement signed first. Full story here.
- NUFC striker Adam Armstrong is on the move again, with the 20-year-old completing a loan move to Blackburn today – Read full story here.
- Rafa Benitez is trying to do a deal with former club Real Madrid to bring in highly-rated right-back Achraf Hakimi on loan this month according to HITC – Full transfer story here.
- Reports in Belgium claim Anderlecht could make a January move to bring former defender Chancel Mbemba back to the club, however they may face competition from Celtic. Full story here.
- Another loan-link to report and the Sun claim that NUFC have had a loan offer for West Ham striker Diafra Sakho rejected. Full story here.
- According to reports in France, Bordeaux have opened talks with Aleksandar Mitrovic’s entourage ahead of a potential move to the Ligue 1 side – however a deal could be dependant on the asking-price NUFC demand for the Serbian striker. Full story here.
- “Ayoze Perez – A fan’s observation on the NUFC attacker following his return to the team”. An interesting piece from Simon here. Read it here.