A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- The Chronicle’s Lee Ryder has offered a transfer update on NUFC ins and outs, revealing that we have made ‘progress’ on a deal to bring Kenedy in on loan but have NOT received bids for Jonjo Shelvey, Aleksandar Mitrovic or Chancel Mbemba. Full story here.
- Sky Sports have confirmed today that Crystal Palace have agreed a £11m deal for West Ham’s Diafra Sakho, however Football Insider’s Dean Jones claims that ourselves and West Brom have made ‘late moves’ to hijack the deal. Read full story here.
- Sky Sports have confirmed today that West Ham will listen to offers for Javier Hernandez – the striker Rafa Benitez was all set to sign over the summer according to Alan Shearer. Could NUFC make their move? Full story here.
- Not the news we’re all waiting for, but there’s two bits to report in terms of outgoings today, with striker Ivan Toney sealing a loan move to Scunthorpe and left-back Massaido Haidara linked with a move to Dutch side FC Utrecht. Full story here.
- Tim Krul has opened up about his summer exit from the club, admitting that he was shown as lack of respect from Rafa Benitez, describing how ‘it wasn’t right’ how we was treat in the final few months of his Newcastle career. Read full story here.
- Former NUFC striker Michael Owen has made his predictions for this weekend’s upcoming Premier League fixtures and he has gone for a us to beat Swansea at St James’ Park on Saturday – revealing that Swansea have lost 7 of their last 8 on the road this season. See his comments in full here.
- After suggesting last week that a takeover was close, Mick Quinn has admitted why he STILL has reason to believe Amanda Staveley will takeover at NUFC. Full story here.