A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Sky Sports have confirmed today that we have had a loan bid rejected for Sparta Prague goalkeeper Martin Dubravka – Read full story here.
- According to the Northern Echo this morning, we now look set to miss out on a deal for Kenedy despite agreeing a deal with Chelsea – Read full story here.
- On the plus side, one of our relegation rivals may have handed us a big boost in the survival race today, with Stoke confirming the shock appointment of Paul Lambert. Full story here.
- NUFC captain Jamaal Lascelles has sent a strong message to Mike Ashley whilst discussing Rafa Benitez, prompting the NUFC owner to ‘give him what he wants’ as NUFC ‘won’t find anyone better’ if he were to leave. See the skippers comments here.
- Former NUFC midfielder Emre Belozoglu has sent a warning to Turkish compatriot and ex-NUFC striker target Cenk Tosun, explaining just why he is unfortunate to be joining Everton while Sam Allardyce is in charge at the club. Read his comments here.
- According to Italian reports, Rafa Benitez is preparing an ambitious move for Napoli’s Pepe Reina as he looks to make one last attempt to be reunited with the former Liverpool stopper. Full story here.
- Former NUFC midfielder Jermaine Jenas believes we would ‘100% go down’ if it wasn’t for Rafa Benitez, stating that it’ll be a ‘miracle’ if we remain in the Premier League even with him in charge this season. Read his full radio rant here.
- And finally, a view from an NUFC fan in the stands on Saturday – “One thing I feel Rafa got wrong during the 1-1 draw with Swansea”– I think a few might agree with this. Read full piece here.