A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Following last night’s news, sources close to Amanda Staveleyand PCP have since admitted that they learnt the deal was off via watching Sky news – claiming their official offer was submitted in NOVEMBER and they have not been contacted by NUFC regarding a deal being off! Full story here.
- Fanciful at best, but a few NUFC journalists and fans have suggested why the takeover deal between Mike Ashley and Amanda Staveley may not be dead just yet. Full story here.
- TalkSPORT broadcaster Jim White stated this morning that ‘nothing has changed’ in the eyes of Amanda Staveley and PCP, claiming they are STILL ‘very interested’ in buying NUFC despite last night’s news. Full story here.
- According to trusted North-East correspondent Craig Hope, Mike Ashley will only now sit down and listen to interested parties if they are willing to make a deposit of cash to prove they are serious and able to buy NUFC. Full story here.
- According to L’Equipe, Montpellier are in ‘advanced discussions’ to seal the signing of NUFC midfielder Henri Saivet – with it set to be a loan move with an obligation to buy for €5m (£4.4m) – Full transfer story here.
- Reuters (one of the leading business news agencies based in London) have offered an insight into Staveley’s offer and Mike Ashley asking price following last night’s news that a deal is now off. Interesting. Full story here.
- NUFC fans have hit out at a ‘disgraceful’ Mike Ashley after it was revealed how Amanda Staveley caught wind of last night’s deal-breaking news. Shocking stuff from Ashley (as per). Full reaction from NUFC fans here.
- And finally, we have looked into the possible outcomes that (good and bad) that we could now face following Ashley’s announcement last night – “Three scenarios that now await NUFC – the biggest 6 months in the club’s history?” – Read the full piece here.