A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Some promising news from the Chronicle today, who report that Rafa Benitez will NOT walk out despite a breakdown of takeover talks, also revealing that Amanda Staveley is STILL looking into a takeover of NUFC – Full story here.
- The Guardian reveal that major British investors ‘the Reuben family’ were acting as a financial backer for Amanda Staveley’s £250m bid for NUFC – however the two brothers leading the proposed investment have now withdrawn their backing after seeing her offer rejected. Full story here.
- Sky Sports have revealed today that Daniel Sturridge, Danny Ings and Diafra Sakho are all on Rafa Benitez’s list of strikers he is looking to bring to Newcastle on loan this month. Full story here.
- According to Football Insider, Newcastle United have received and rejected an incredible 22 loan offers for Aleksandar Mitrovic already this month – however no one has matched our £14m asking-price for the striker thus far. Full story here.
- Former ‘executive director of football’ Dennis Wise has jumped to the defence of the NUFC owner during an appearance on Sky Sports’ ‘The Debate’ last night. Read his incredible comments here.
- Protest group AshleyOut.com have released a powerful statement in response to Tuesday night’s takeover news – stating ‘this cannot continue’, demanding the NUFC owner to sell “as quickly as possible” or risk losing a “once-in-a-lifetime” opportunity under Rafa. Read full statement here.
- Relegation rivals Swansea are thought to be in talks to pull off the signing of Atletico Madrid duo Kevin Gameiro and Nicolas Gaitan – further proof that other teams could leave us behind in the fight for safety if Mike Ashley isn’t careful! Full story here.
- And finally, part 1 of piece on the NUFC owner that’s well worth a read if you have 5 minutes free – “Mike Ashley: 100 things I hate about you – Part 1”. Read full piece here & look out for Part 2 later on today.