A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- As confirmed late last night, Kenedy has now arrived on Tyneside and could now complete his move to Newcastle tonight after the completion of his medical – full story here.
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has also confirmed that a deal will go through, explaining here why it will be a great move for the Brazilian – full story here.
- It was claimed late last night the Kevin Gameiro was the ‘mystery striker’ Newcastle were looking at, however the Times’ George Caulkin has denied that is he or Celtic’s Moussa Dembele that we are in talks with. Full story here.
- Sky Sports have revealed that the fee involved for the striker currently in talks over a ‘club record’ deal with NUFC is believed to be £20m – however they admits that the club are ‘determined’ to keep the striker’s identity quiet until the deal is done – Full story here.
- Chelsea fans have had their say on incoming signing Kenedy ahead of his proposed loan move to NUFC – Read their interesting comments on the Brazilian here.
- The Chronicle have revealed that Rafa Benitez still hopes to pull off THREE more signings this month after Kenedy’s arrival is confirmed, stating that he still plans to do ‘significant business’ with 8 days of the window remaining. Full story here.
- According to a story by the Shields Gazette this afternoon, Leicester City striker Islam Slimani is ‘high on Newcastle’s shortlist’ – an interesting claim following talk of us making a £20m move for an unnamed striker this week. Full story here.
- The Daily Express are at it again today, claiming that Jonjo Shelvey is nearing a move to West Ham. Here’s why we think Rafa might just sell him under the right circumstances. Full story here.
- And finally, a look at the managers being lined up to replace Rafa Benitez if he were to leave NUFC over the summer – does this uninspiring list perhaps show just why Mike Ashley may pull out his finger in a bid to keep him happy? Full story here.