A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Confirmation today that Newcastle have made a SECOND bid to sign Feyenoord’s Nicolai Jorgensen, however the new and improved £15m offer has been swiftly rejected. They want £20m – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has spoken out on the striker situation and Aleksandar Mitrovic in his press conference earlier today – Read some of the key findings from it here.
- Talking of strikers, Benitez looks to have been given some bad news in his pursuit of Sandro Ramirez, with the Everton striker’s agent suggesting that he’d prefer a move to Sevilla over NUFC – Full story here.
- France Football Magazine have released a wide-ranging interview from NUFC boss Rafa Benitez – and it’s brilliant, covering his time on Tyneside and his hopes for the club. Read it in full here.
- According to the Daily Mail, Newcastle are hoping to win the race for highly-rated Dundee centre-back Jack Hendry – with club scouts believed to have watched him in Dundee’s 1-0 defeat to Hibernian on Wednesday night.
- Sunderland have confirmed the free transfer signing of former Newcastle winger Kazenga Lua-Lua last night – the man who tweeted ‘I hate Sunderland’ just a few years ago! See his amusing tweet from 2014 here.
- Some interesting claims have emerged surrounding former NUFC striker Loic Remy today, with it being claimed that several unnamed Premier League sides are considering a move after his fallout at Las Palmas. Full story here.
- And finally, with our pursuit of Jorgensen proving difficult, Simon has looked at some options that he’d love NUFC to look at instead – “THREE strikers NUFC should break their transfer record on if a Jorgensen deal collapsed” – Read it in full here.