A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- UPDATE – Dutch report have announced this afternoon that talks between Newcastle and Feyenoord for Nicolai Jorgensen are now off – meaning the Danish striker will not be arriving on Tyneside this month – Full story here.
- Despite it emerging earlier today that NUFC were closing in on the loan signing of Daniel Sturridge, it has since emerged that he is set to join West Brom instead – Full story here.
- Sky Sports have since revealed his reasoning for turning down Benitez in favour of West Brom, suggesting geographical reasons played a ‘key role’ – Full story here.
- NUFC fans have also had their say on today’s Sturridge saga, showing their dismay that Alan Pardew looks set to beat Benitez to the Liverpool striker’s loan signing – See furious NUFC fans’ comments here.
- According to an exclusive from Teamtalk, Newcastle have approached Leicester over the loan signing of Kelechi Iheanacho after the Nigerian made it known that he wanted to go out and gain some first-team football before the window shuts. Full story here.
- According to Lee Ryder, Feyenoord officials have told NUFC that they want to hear from them by 6pm today if they wish to sign Nicolai Jorgensen – a deadline that is fast approaching, with the club seemingly unlikely to match their £20m asking price – Full story here.
- On the subject of Jorgensen, Geogre Caulkin has suggested that NUFC have been looking at ‘other options’ over the last few days with the two clubs ‘miles apart’ on valuation. Full story here.
- Robin Van Persie has admitted to having a conversation with Nicolai Jorgensen over his potential Newcastle move, refusing to rule out his potential move to NUFC and stating that ‘wants the best for him’ – as well as describing him as a ‘really good player’ – Read his quotes here.
- And finally, the Chronicle have offered an update on the takeover front, suggesting the saga is far from dead. Includes news of a ‘second bidder’ and Staveley’s stance on the potential deal – Full story here.