A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- After another frustrating transfer window, Rafa Benitez has admitted that ‘there’s a time when you have to say something’, stating that an ‘internal debate’ needs to take place between him and Mike Ashley – but not until the end of the season – Full story here.
- According to the Telegraph’s Luke Edwards, the NUFC takeover has ground to a halt, with Amanda Staveley having not been in contact with Mike Ashley since the start of December – having made no attempt to revive her bid to buy the club. Full story here.
- Mo Diame has revealed the secret behind is turnaround in form at NUFC, also explaining how he hopes to add goals to his game between now and the end of the season – Full story here.
- Former NUFC outcast Jack Colback claims that Benitez banished him to the reserves simply due to him having ‘too many numbers’ – with him failing to accept this as a fair reason for his recent treatment at the club in recent months. Full story here.
- The Chronicle have revealed this afternoon what a big part Rafa Benitez played in the signing of Islam Slimani,with sources close to the player confirming that his deadline day phone call convinced him to join NUFC despite having THREE big offer elsewhere – Full story here.
- Former full-back Warren Barton has taken to Twitter to blast Ayoze Perez, saying the Newcastle number 10 is ‘not a NUFC player’ – also suggesting that he’s only one of the club’s longest serving players because ‘no one will have him’ – Read his hard hitting comments here.
- We’ve take a look at Fulham and Nottingham fans’ reactions to the debuts of Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham) and Jack Colback (Forest) after the pair facing up against each other at Craven Cottage on Saturday – Read fans’ interesting assessments of the NUFC loanees here.
- And finally, after watching the game back (aren’t we sad), we’ve came up with 10 observations from Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace on Sunday. Read them all here.