A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Some potentially exciting news ahead of Sunday’s visit of Man Utd, with the Chronicle revealing that Rafa Benitez could be set to hand starts to all THREE January signings this weekend – meaning full debuts for Islam Slimani and Martin Dubravka against Mourinho’s men. Full story here.
- Following his deadline day loan move to Fulham, Aleksandar Mitrovic has praised Rafa Benitez and the ‘amazing’ NUFC fans – also admitting that he has to ‘respect’ his ‘boss’ Mike Ashley despite never meeting him. Full story here.
- The agent of January target Nicolai Jorgensen has admitted that Feyenoord striker could yet make a summer move to Newcastle, stating we ‘did a lot’ to make it happen last month but could yet ‘find a solution’ to sign him in the summer – Full story here.
- According to financial expert Kieran Maguire, Mike Ashley would be willing to sell Newcastle United for £280m at a cash price – suggesting that Staveley and PCP could seal a takeover if they upped their up front off of £250m by around £30m. Read full story here.
- Some well deserved news for NUFC midfielder Mo Diame, with the Senegalese midfielder having been voted NUFC’s player of the month for January by the fans. Full details here.
- With him in line to make his first NUFC start on Sunday, Newcastle fan and Islam Slimani admirer Aidan Brown has discussed just what the Leicester loanee could offer up top – including some intriguing stats on the ex-Sporting Lisbon striker. Read his piece in full here.
- Following a poll online that gained almost 1000 votes, it appears that NUFC fans see Matt Ritchie as the club’s biggest underperformer so far this season, with him gaining 43% of the vote. See full results here.
- Michael Owen has made his prediction for Sunday’s game against Man Utd, however his assessment of the game has got fans wondering if he’s on the wind up after an amusing choice of words from the former striker. Full story here.