NUFC stat man Chris Holt is back again with some more striking stats to make you hate Mike Ashley that little bit more, revealing several facts about the NUFC owner which emphasise the importance of him selling up this summer.
As we all know, Ashley’s lack of ambition and total lack of care for the club over the past decade has left fans fearing more than cheering each year, with it becoming clearer than ever this season that he must leave and leave now if we wish to have any sort of future under Rafa Benitez.
- In 10 years prior to Ashley NUFC won 25 FA cup ties. In 11 years since they’ve won 5.
- In 10 years prior to Ashley NUFC never finished lower than top 15. In 10 years since it’s happened 6 times.
- In 10 years prior to Ashley NUFC Qualified for Europe competitions 9 times, the Champions league 3 times, advanced to the UEFA QF and SF once each and appeared in 2 FA cup finals. In 10 years since Newcastle have qualified for Europe once and advanced to the QF and never got further than the 4th round of the FA cup.
- In 3 years since 2015, every Premier League club has broken their transfer record. Except Newcastle whose transfer record is unbeaten in 13 years since 2005.
- After 11 years under Mike Ashley, if Newcastle United were to break their 13 year old transfer record by £10m, the £26m fee paid still wouldn’t get into the top 100 transfers into the Premier League.
- 10 years before Mike Ashley arrived NUFC broke the WORLD record for a transfer.
- The number of staff at Newcastle United in 2016 was 258. A drop from 1354 in 2006. 1094 jobs lost in ten years.
- Newcastle have the youngest squad in the Premier League
- Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku cost Manchester United the same as Newcastle’s last 23 signings.
- Mike Ashley was repaid £11m by Newcastle United in 11/12. He loaned £15m in 16/17. His net loans to the club are £4m in 6 years including a relegation.
- Matchday tickets for an adult member in the East Stand this season are 35% more expensive than they were 3 years ago (14/15)
- Matchday tickets for an adult member in the Family Enclosure this season are 30% more expensive than they were 3 years ago (14/15)
- Matchday tickets for an adult member in the Gallowgate or Leazes this season are 18% more expensive than they were 3 years ago (14/15)
- Newcastle United has been profitable 6 years in a row to the tune of £100m.
- Mike Ashley has sold 4 Newcastle players for over £15m but hasn’t bought one.
— Chris Holt (@bigchrisholt) September 4, 2017
No words needed. Get out of our club.