A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Some positive news today as NUFC defender Paul Dummett has signed a new long-term deal with the club – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has also had his day on Dummett’s new deal, explaining to NUFC fans why he is such an important player fo the club – Read Rafa’s full comments here.
- Football finance expert Kieran Maguire has provided an interesting update on the takeover front after Premier League TV deals worth £4.464bn were announced this week, revealing just how they will have huge consequences for Mike Ashley and Amanda Staveley in the potential sale of NUFC – Full story here.
- Speaking on the Alan Brazil Breakfast show on talkSPORT this week, Joey Barton has suggested that Newcastle midfielder Jonjo Shelvey would be a good signing for Arsenal – Read his comments here.
- Mark Lawrenson is ‘not convinced at all’ that Islam Slimani will score the goals to keep us up this season, suggesting that the likes of Brighton HAVE addressed their goalscoring problems in January (unlike Newcastle) – Read his strange comments here.
- Following the outcome of the latest TV right deal, the Daily Mail’s Charles Sale has explained why the expected drop in domestic TV income could now force Mike Ashley to drop his asking price and reconsider Amanda Staveley’s £250m bid – an offer which remains on the table to this day.Full story here.
- Reports in Germany claim that Bayern Munich have lined up former NUFC winger Florian Thauvin as a potential replacement for Arjen Robben this summer – only for the Marseille president to suggest it would take more than 150 million euros to sign him! Full story here.
- And finally – NUFC stat man Chris Holt is back again with some more striking stats to make you hate Mike Ashley that little bit more, revealing several facts about the NUFC owner which emphasise the importance of him selling up this summer. Read full piece here.