A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- As a result of Tottenham’s potential progression to the FA Cup quarter finals, it looks like NUFC could be facing a big gap without games in March. Read full story here explaining why.
- An incredible story has emerged today, revealing how Alan Shearer was completed ignored by Mike Ashley back in 2009 after being lined up to become the new NUFC manager following relegation. Full story here.
- Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has called NUFC loanee Aleksandar Mitrovic a ‘sensation’ after he played a big part in Fulham’s 2-0 win over promotion contenders Aston Villa on his full debut over the weekend. Read his glowing assessment here.
- After rumours of our rejected €8m (£7m) January bid emerged last week, Galatasaray winger Garry Rodrigues has told the Turkish media that the club ‘will not’ let him leave for anything less than €15m (£13m). Read full story here.
- As revealed by the Chronicle, Amanda Staveley and the Reuben Brothers – the rumoured financial backers behind her bid for NUFC – have just combined to pull off a business deal in the States, suggesting they could yet work together to reignite her effort to buy Newcastle United. Full story here.
- A defiant Alan Pardew has told the press that he will use his past experience of keeping Newcastle up to help him come through the adversity he is currently facing at a relegation threatened West Brom – a claim that doesn’t add up when you compare the scenarios. Read why here.
- Following his deadline day move to Everton, it’s fair to say that Eliaquim Mangala’s loan move to Merseyside couldn’t have gone much worse, making us feel pretty relieved that we didn’t end up pulling out all the stops to bring him to NUFC. Find out just why here.
- According to reports last night, Newcastle are eyeing a summer move for Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope after his impressive first season in the Premier League with Sean Dyche’s overachieving side.Full story here.