A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- NUFC loanee Achraf Lazaar has been ‘frozen out’ at Serie A side Benevento, with him now set to face the next 4 and a half months on the sidelines before returning to pre-season training with Newcastle in July. Full story here.
- Newcastle United goalkeeper Martin Dubravka has made it clear that he hopes to make he hopes to earn a permanent move to the club this summer – revealing why he ‘really hopes’ to stay at St James’ Park beyond his 6-month loan deal. Full story here.
- Former Newcastle United striker Craig Bellamy looks set to land his first job in management, with the 38-year-old ready to be named the new Oxford United boss. Full story here.
- After bagging 4 goals in his last 3 games, it’s fair to say Adam Armstrong has found form following his loan move to Blackburn last month – and Rovers fans have had a thing or two to say about the NUFC loanee after his superb rise to form at Ewood Park. Read their comments here.
- DeAndre Yedlin has tipped NUFC winger Matt Ritchie to hit ‘top form’ after scoring his first of the season in the 1-0 win over Manchester United, admitting he was getting frustrated at his goal drought, but could now click into gear after breaking his duck. Full story here.
- France boss Didier Deschamp has come out with a remarkable description of Moussa Sissoko today, explaining that the ex-NUFC midfielder is the ‘prototype of a soldier’ and a player that is ‘feared by his opponents’. Full story here.
- Despite Notts County boss Kevin Nolan admitting that the club were ‘discussing’ a potential move for Nile Ranger, it turns out the former Newcastle striker WILL NOT be handed a lifeline by the League Two side. Read more here.
- And finally, we’ve looked at why Benitez is facing some healthy problems ahead of Saturday’s trip to Bournemouth. Read our full piece here.