A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Some concerning claims from the Evening Standard today, stating that Chelsea are ‘monitoring the situation’ of Newcastle captain Jamaal Lascelles – revealing that they have been ‘admirers’ of him since 2016 and could make a bid for him in the summer. Full story here.
- According to French outlet La Provence, Newcastle are ‘closely monitoring’ Marseille’s André Zambo Anguissa – the 22-year-old Cameroon international whose been impressing in Ligue 1 this season. Full story here.
- It was revealed yesterday that Achraf Lazaar’s loan pell with Serie A side Benevento was all but over, with their new manager being left unimpressed by the Moroccan – a feeling most NUFC fans now share. Read the Toon Army’s response to his latest disaster here.
- Just a few years on from his awful season at St James’ Park, former flop Facundo Ferreyra scored for Shakthar Donetsk in the Champions League last 16 last night, sending them one step closer to this year’s quarter finals! Full story here.
- And finally, ahead of such a big summer for the club, Simon has looked at FIVE big questions that will be answered over the coming months. Read his full piece here.