A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Some slightly concerning news on the injury front, with it being revealed that Dwight Gayle was withdrawn in the closing stages against Bournemouth after complaining about ‘tightness’ in his hamstring – Full story here.
- According to Turkish reports today, Newcastle will now have to stump up an incredible £18m to sign Galatasaray winger Garry Rodrigues this summer – almost triple the £7m we are believed to have offered to the Turkish giants for the 27-year-old last month. Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has dropped a potential hint that he could be planning for an extended stay at Newcastle United when responding to Chelsea’s interest in Jamaal Lascelles. See what you make of it – Full story here.
- After being named joint winners of the North East Sportswriters Player of the Year, Rafa Benitez has praised both Jamaal Lascelles and Matt Ritchie, stating they are ‘the character’ and ‘passion’ of the team, being two players who really ‘care about the shirt’. Full story here.
- Ex-Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has criticised Jonjo Shelvey for his role in Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Bournemouth, explaining why Rafa will be ‘livid’ after he failed to react to both of their goals in the final 10 minutes of the game. Full story here.
- He may be yet to kick a ball for Newcastle United, but Leicester loanee Islam Slimani has been named in the official Carabo Cup Team of the Tournament, with the Algerian scoring 4 goals in 3 games for the Foxes during the competition. Full story here.
- And finally, “FIVE positives NUFC fans must take from the 2-2 draw at Bournemouth despite it ending in disappointment” – an uplifting piece after a frustrating result on Saturday. Read it in full here.