Newcastle fans look set to face THREE weeks without football this month, with Tottenham’s FA Cup win over Rochdale last night confirming that our scheduled trip to Wembley on Friday March 16th has been cancelled.
This now means the club is set to face a break from Premier League action from March 10th (Southampton at home) to March 31st (Huddersfield at home), with the the 21 days in between being an FA Cup quarter final weekend and an international break.
For all those planning to make the trip to Tottenham away, the club announced today that a new date for our trip to Wembley is ‘likely’ to be announced by the Premier League ‘on or around Monday 19th March’.
Hardly what we needed to build momentum and even out our fixtures, with the weekend of the 16-18th March now giving a few sides at the bottom a chance to gain on us before our crucial home game with Huddersfield on the 31st.
Here’s what our weekends will now look like between now and the end of March as a result:
- 3rd March – Liverpool (A)
- 10th March – Southampton (H)
- 16-18th March – NO GAME – FA cup quarter final weekend (although clubs not involved in that stage will play their PL game)
- 19th-29th March – NO GAME – International break
- 31st March – Huddersfield (H)