A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- After some supporters criticised our negative approach to Saturday’s game with Liverpool, Rafa Benitez has called for calm and vowed to ‘attack’ Southampton in a bid to earn 3 points in our upcoming six-pointer at St James’ Park – Read full story here.
- Aleksandar Mitrovic has admitted that he prefers playing football for an ‘attacking’ Fulham opposed to a more ‘tactical’ Newcastle – suggesting he hasn’t keen on the disciplined system Benitez has brought to NUFC – Read full story here.
- BT Sport pundit and Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard claims Newcastle United are a ‘Championship team with a Premier League manager’, stating that we would be bottom of the Premier League if Rafa Benitez wasn’t in charge – Read full story here.
- The Shields Gazette have reported this morning that Jonjo Shelvey WILL miss Saturday’s crucial clash with Southampton at St James’ Park, stating the midfielder will be out for ‘at least’ two weeks – Read full story here.
- Alan Shearer has hit back at Jermaine Jenas in typically brutal fashion following the BT pundit’s strange comments over the weekend, where he attempted to blame NUFC for holding him back during his playing days – Read Alan’s brilliant response here.
- And finally, a moment you may have forgotten about from Saturday, but here’s why we got extremely lucky at Liverpool despite losing 2-0 at the weekend – Read full piece here.