A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Some very good news on the injury front today, with the Mail’s Craig Hope confirming that Jonjo Shelvey’s knee injury is NOT serious, with him set to return to training this week – Read full story here.
- With Aleksandar Mitrovic now banging the goals in for Fulham, it has now emerged what Rafa Benitez has had to say about the striker during a live event at the Tyneside Cinema last month – with him opening up about his decision to loan him out on deadline day – Read Rafa’s fascinating comments here.
- Speaking to the Chronicle, former NUFC full-back John Beresford has heaped praise on Paul Dummett, describing the 26-year-old local lad as the ‘best defender at the club’ – Read full story here.
- Steven Gerrard has branded the pairing of Mo Diame and Mikel Merino as a ‘Championship midfield’ when reflecting on our 2-0 defeat at Anfield – an uninformed and misguided rant from the Liverpool legend whose comments do them no justice whatsoever – Full story here.
- NUFC midfielder Mikel Merino has made a slightly worrying admission on his fitness following his return to Rafa Benitez’s starting 11 on Saturday, admitting to how ‘tired’ he felt during the 2-0 defeat at Anfield over the weekend – Full story here.
- Several Newcastle fans haven’t taken too well to Aleksandar Mitrovic’s latest comments during his loan spell at Fulham, with the striker having claimed that the team had become ‘too tactical’ for his liking – Read fan’s responses here.
- Incase you missed it last night, Man Utd ended up doing us a massive favour in the relegation battle – and they did in in spectacular style! See what they did & full NUFC fans reaction here.
- And finally, Simon has discussed five reasons why NUFC will stay up this season – a much needed piece to ease the fears of anxious Newcastle fans. Read it here.