A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- According to the Chronicle’s Mark Douglas, Newcastle will slap a £20m price tag on Aleksandar Mitrovic’s head this summer – a ‘revised’ price tag following his impressive rise to form at Fulham – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have also confirmed today that Newcastle will endure a mass clear-out at U-23 level this summer, with just TWO youngsters being handed new deals at the club as EIGHT are told their NUFC careers are over – Full story here.
- On the subject of NUFC U-23’s, the young Mags pulled off a dramatic win at the Stadium of Light last night, beating Sunderland on penalties to progress to the semi-finals of the International Cup – Full story & highlights here.
- Ex-NUFC boss Sam Allardyce is at it again, with the Everton manager stating that the Toffees history is ‘far greater’ than Newcastle’s – an antagonising comment that hasn’t went down well on Tyneside – Read his comments here.
- Newcastle United have released a statement condemning the ‘unacceptable behaviour’ from a minority of supporters who attended NUFC U-23’s victory over Sunderland last night, with a small group understood to have broken several seats at the Stadium of Light – Full story here.
- Sky Sports pundit and avid Fulham fan Tony Gale has admitted that supporters are taking to Aleksandar Mitrovic because of his ‘aggression’ and ability to hold the ball up – stating how he’s given them much more than goals since arriving in January – Read his comments in full here.
- Newcastle United have sent out club officials to watch Besiktas star Tolgay Arslan according to Turkish Football today – the 27-year-old midfielder who has been impressing for the reigning Turkish champions this season – Full story here.
- Some fascinating stuff has emerged from the Chronicle, with Lee Ryder revealing how Rafa Benitez DID give Aleksandar Mitrovic his big chance to succeed at NUFC this season – only for the Serbian to underperform during training sessions set by the Spaniard – Full story here.