A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- According to North-East reporter Simon Bird, Newcastle will have to pay up to £15m to make Kenedy’s loan move a permanent one this summer – a fee that seems reasonable in this day and age for a talented 22-year-old – Full Story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles’ odds to earn a spot in England’s World Cup squad have been cut, with England sources confirming with Graeme Bailey that he is being looked at ‘very closely’ ahead of their upcoming friendlies with Holland and Italy – Full story here.
- Back on the subject of Kenedy, The Mirror have revealed that he is ‘open to the prospect’ of completing a permanent move to NUFC if we stayed up this season – great news for NUFC fans hoping to see him sign this summer – Full story here.
- According to TEAMtalk, Newcastle have joined Southampton and Leicester in an attempt to sign Burnley winger Johann Berg Gudmundsson this summer – however his alleged asking price of £20m could well put us off.
- Incase you missed it late last night, it’s been confirmed that relegation rivals Southampton have sacked manager Mauricio Pellegrino following their 3-0 defeat at St James’ Park on Saturday – and Mark Hughes could replace him. Full story here.
- NUFC loanee Aleksandar Mitrovic may be making the headlines, however Jack Colback has clearly made a big impression at Nottingham Forest – with club reporter Barry Cooper stating why they ‘should move heaven and earth’ to sign him this summer – Full story here.
- Despite suffering his sixth straight Premier League defeat on Saturday, it has emerged that Alan Pardew will keep his job at West Brom for another week – news that has not been received well at all by furious Baggies fans – See their reactions here.
- And finally, Simon has looked at four players who’ve come on leaps and bounds under Rafa Benitez’s watchful eye over the Premier League season – Read the full piece here.