A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- The Chronicle have confirmed today that Rafa Benitez has issued booze ban for his Newcastle United squad ahead of their four-day training camp starting in Spain tomorrow – Full story here.
- Revitalised midfielder Mo Diame has admitted that the passing of his father has motivated him to find his best form for Newcastle, with him revealing how he now feels responsible to provide for his Mum and siblings after his passing – Full story here.
- According to Spanish publication ‘AS’, Rafa Benitez is looking to bring Eibar midfielder Dani Garcia to Newcastle this summer once his contract expires with the La Liga side – Full story here.
- Michael Owen has admitted that his ‘nightmare’ stint at St James’ Park cost Newcastle ‘a lot of money’ given how unsuccessful his £18m move turned out to be, stating it wouldn’t have gone through in hindsight if the club knew how badly it would pan out – Full story here.
- According to the Birstol Post, Newcastle United could be set to join Everton and Aston Villa in pursuing highly-rated Bristol City star Joe Bryan this summer – the left-back who has been described as ‘the best full-back in the Championship’ – Full story here.
- Sky pundit Phil Thompson believes Jonjo Shelvey should be considered by Gareth Southgate for England’s World Cup squad – however he feels he must prove that he can ‘handle’ the defensive side of the game to earn a call-up this summer – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez will reignite his interest in Besiktas’ Tolgay Arslan in the summer according to talkSPORT, with it being claimed that the club made an unsuccessful attempt to sign the midfielder in January – Full story here.
- Former Newcastle United defender Mathieu Debuchy is in contention to earn a shock call-up to France’s World Cup squad following his incredible rise to form in France over the past month – Full story here.