A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- NUFC fans have slated Gareth Southgate as the England boss has overlooked Jamaal Lascelles and Jonjo Shelvey once again, with the likes of Alfie Mawson, Jake Livermore and Lewis Cook earning call ups ahead of the duo today – See full squad here.
- Alan Shearer has admitted he is ‘very surprised’ to see NUFC duo Jamaal Lascelles and Jonjo Shelvey fail to make today’s England squad – seeming quite uninspired by those Gareth Southgate has chosen instead – Full story here.
- January loan signing Islam Slimani is yet to kick a ball Newcastle United, however Algeria have called the striker up to their squad for the upcoming international break next week – a move that has left a few NUFC fans incensed. Full story here.
- Ryan Giggs has revealed why Paul Dummett has not been included in his latest Wales squad, confirming that the left-back wants to ‘concentrate on Newcastle’s relegation fight’ – Full story here.
- While concerns may linger over Rafa Benitez’s long-term future on Tyneside, the Chronicle have revealed how the NUFC boss has now recruited full-time scouts to talent spot in Spain – a move that is hardly representative of a man expecting to leave this summer. Full story here.
- Newcastle goalkeeper Rob Elliot has hit back at pundits who’ve branded our squad as ‘Championship standard’, stating we’ve proven ‘time and time again’ that we are are good enough to compete in the Premier League – See full story here.
- It has been revealed by Sky Sports’ Keith Downie that Rafa Benitez has personally invited a Newcastle fan battling cancer to meet him at the club’s training ground – six months on from a letter the Spaniard sent wishing him all the best before his operation. Read the brilliant full story here.
- NUFC loanee Jack Colback ‘won’t be short of offers’ this summer according to Nottingham Forest team-mate Ben Watson – whose urged the Championship club to make his loan move a permanent one at the end of the season. Full story here.