A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- NUFC skipper Jamaal Lascelles has admitted he was ‘disappointed’ to find out he’d missed out on the England squad once again, feeling he had a ‘good chance’ of making it after his outstanding displays for Newcastle in recent months – Full story here.
- England boss Gareth Southgate claims that players need to be ‘playing regularly’ and ‘in good form’ to be called up to his squad – a comment that makes absolutely no sense based on some of the players he’s called up in place of Lascelles and Shelvey yesterday – Full story here.
- The Newcastle United squad have arrived in Spain for their four-day training camp and it has been confirmed that Islam Slimani was on the plane – with the striker having an outside chance of playing in Sunday’s friendly with Royal Antwerp – Full story here.
- Belgian outlet DH.Be claim that Anderlecht are keen to sign £5m rated Newcastle goalkeeper Matz Sels this summer – however a deal looks set to hinge on their qualification for next season’s UEFA Champions League – Full story here.
- Footage has emerged of Islam Slimani stepping up his return from injury in NUFC’s training camp in Spain, however we just can’t see the striker making his comeback against Huddersfield in two weeks time – Read why here.
- TalkSPORT have released a piece looking at each Premier League team’s most overrated player, naming Dwight Gayle as that man at NUFC – a strange choice given he is one of the last players to be overhyped on Tyneside. Full story here.
- And finally, Simon has looked at why Lascelles and Shelvey’s England snub could actually turn out to be great news for NUFC – Full story here.