A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- The Chronicle have revealed that Rafa Benitez is open to planning a long-term stay at Newcastle United, however he is yet to be contacted by Mike Ashley over a potential contract extension – despite claims in the media that talks had begun – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has confirmed that it is ‘not ideal’ that Islam Slimani has gone away with Algeria, but admits that it could benefit him ahead of next Saturday’s game with Huddersfield – revealing how ‘desperate’ he is to play for Newcastle – Full story here.
- According the the Mirror, Newcastle will have the opportunity to sign long-term NUFC target Tom Cairney for £20m this summer – but only if Fulham miss out on promotion to the Premier League – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez wants to bring in a new striker, central midfielder, winger and more defensive cover this summer according to the Chronicle’s latest piece on NUFC’s plans this summer – Full story here.
- Newcastle fans have been left impressed by Spanish winger Victor Fernandez following his impressive cameo in our 1-1 draw in Yesterday’s mid-season friendly with Royal Antwerp – Full story here.
- Some barmy quotes from Boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather have emerged in the Daily Star, with the 41-year-old claiming that he ‘loves Newcastle’ and may be open to investing in the club as he looks for ‘new business opportunities’ – Full story here.
- According to one of the leading scouting platform ‘Scouts in Attendance’, Newcastle scouts watched Galatasaray winger Garry Rodrigues yet again in their 0-0 draw with Fenerbahce on Saturday – Full story here.
- Just days after NUFC loanee Ivan Toney had a pop at the club for not wishing him a happy birthday, Scunthorpe manager Graham Alexander has admitted he is ‘not happy’ with the the 22-year-old’s childish antics during their game on Sunday – Full story here.
- And finally, there were some incredible scenes at the Stadium of Light over the weekend (no, they didn’t win!), with a Newcastle fan providing a priceless moment for us Geordies to enjoy during their half time ‘entertainment – Full story here!
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)