A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Sky Sports have let down the travelling Toon Army once again, with them deciding to move our trip to Everton from Saturday afternoon (21st April) to Monday night (23rd April) – leaving fans furious after away tickets went on sale last week – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have revealed that Mike Ashley is ‘desperate’ to secure Rafa Benitez’s future at the club ‘as soon as possible’ – a positive sign that he is keen to keep the Spaniard at the club, but one that makes me question his motivation behind it – Full story here.
- Alan Shearer has reflected on the moment Sir Bobby Robson revitalised his NUFC career in a brilliant interview dedicated to the upcoming Bobby Robson film – revealing just how he returned to Tyneside to ‘show his people what they’d been missing’ – Full story here.
- Despite being linked with a return to Spain with Athletic Bilbao over the January transfer window, Mikel Merino has insisted that he’s loving life on Tyneside – and feels Newcastle United is the perfect platform to gain an eventual call-up to the senior Spain squad – Full story here.
- Following his recent call-up to the England U-18 squad, the Chronicle have confirmed that Newcastle will offer highly-rated talent Adam Wilson a professional deal and two-year contract at the club – Full story here.
- Mike Ashley has proven just what a cheap skate he is once again this week, with it being revealed that he was reluctant to pay for the ‘£15,000 plane’ that would get NUFC to their training camp last week! – Full story here .
- The Chronicle have revealed this morning that Seydou Doumbia ‘didn’t like to train during the week’, with his poor attitude and lack of effort in training meaning Rafa Benitez had no interest in playing the prolific Ivory Coast international in the 2015/16 season – Full story here.
- The agent of heavily linked Galatasaray winger Garry Rodrigues has admitted that they have came to a decision following several ‘transfer offers’ for the 27-year-old, with them deciding to evaluate a potential summer move at the end of the season – Full story here.