A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Ex-NUFC entertainer and current TV pundit Warren Barton has backed Rafa Benitez to win the Premier League manager of the year award following Saturday’s 2-1 win at Leicester – Full story here.
- According the the Mirror, Newcastle United officials have stepped up their efforts to sign Besiktas midfielder Oguzhan Ozyakup, holding talks with the Turkish international over a potential move to St James’ Park this summer – Full story here.
- Garth Crooks has picked Jonjo Shelvey in his Premier League team of the week, yet has gone on to fire a few unbelievable digs at the revitalised midfielder, suggesting he still can’t be trusted and is the type of player he doesn’t like – Full story here.
- Ex-Mag Danny Simpson was booed by NUFC fans during our 2-1 win at the King Power Stadium on Saturday, however the Leicester right-back has got a few things badly wrong in his post-match assessment of it all – Full story here.
- According to the Mirror, Amanda Staveley is already making plans to improve the club’s training ground, with it emerging over the weekend that she is now ‘confident’ of doing a deal with Mike Ashley after ‘constructive talks’ – Full story here.
- Former NUFC striker Obafemi Martins’ hopes of making this summer’s World Cup have ended in devastating fashion, with the Nigerian rupturing his quadriceps tendon during a recent game for Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua – Full story here.
- A quite incredible claim has emerged from Portuguese outlet Jornal de Notícias, suggesting former NUFC flop and current Sporting Lisbon striker Seydou Doumbia could return to Tyneside this summer – Full story here.