A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Jonjo Shelvey has vowed to repay the faith the club and Rafa Benitez has put in him over the past few years, revealing that he’d like to remain at Newcastle United for ‘many years’ to come – Full story here.
- Newcastle United are one of several clubs eyeing a summer move for Southampton left-back Ryan Bertrand according to the Chronicle – Full story here.
- Just days after the Daily Mirror claimed we’d entered talks to sign Besiktas star Oguzhan Ozyakup, reports from Turkey have revealed today that he looks set to sign a new deal with the Istanbul giants – Full story here.
- After reports emerged that Bas Dost is ‘determined’ to leave Sporting Lisbon this summer, the Chronicle have revealed how Rafa actually made an attempt to sign the prolific striker last summer – Full story here.
- Following his superb display in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Leicester, Paul Merson has been full of praise for Kenedy– the Chelsea loanee he childishly slated just 24 hours after he made the move to Tyneside in January – See how his comments have backfired here.
Following his brilliant run of form in Rafa Benitez’s side, Jonjo Shelvey has made a bold admission about his start to life at St James’ Park, admitting he “wasn’t fit enough” when he first joined the club – Full story here.
- Sunderland’s fate was all but confirmed last night following a late Norwich equaliser – but what they did to prior to kick off was quite amusing, with the club appearing to take an internet rumour involving Newcastle fans a little too seriously – Full story here.
- According to Spanish outlet AS, Rafa Benitez could bring Fernando Torres to Newcastle United this summer, with the 34-year-old striker confirming earlier this week that he will be leaving Atletico Madrid at the end of the season – Full story here.
- And finally, with the summer fast approaching, we’ve looked at 10 players NUFC could sign if Rafa raids the sides relegated from the Premier League this summer – Full story here.