A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Aleksandar Mitrovic has admitted that he does have regrets when he looks back at his time at St James’ Park so far – admitting the he’s still a Newcastle player so will ‘see what happens’ this summer – Full story here.
- After claims that several Newcastle fans tried to enter the Stadium of Light on Tuesday night, Chris Coleman believes plenty Mags actually want to see Sunderland back in the top flight – claiming it’s an ‘unsavoury percentage’ of us who are trying to celebrate their potential relegation to League One – Full story here.
- According to various reports, both Tottenham and Arsenal have now entered the race to sign in demand Chelsea loanee Kenedy – the Brazilian star who looks less and less likely to sign permanently at NUFC this summer – Full story here.
- An interesting piece has emerged in the Chronicle today, revealing how Rafa Benitez has challenged Islam Slimani to make a big impact in the final six games of the season – refusing to rule out the chances of him winning a permanent deal if he was to impress – Full story here.
- Young NUFC midfielder Sean Longstaff is being tipped to male the breakthrough under Rafa Benitez following his superb rise to form on loan with Blackpool – see his latest stunning strike for them here.
- Former NUFC striker Michael Owen has revealed that Arsenal have beaten Newcastle in our last TEN encounters in the league, however he expects us to get at least a point on Sunday – fancying us to take all three points it if there is to be a winner – Full story here.
- An exclusive in the Telegraph has revealed that West Brom striker Salomon Rondon has a £16m relegation release clause in his West Brom contract – making us wonder if the powerful Venezuelan could be one Rafa Benitez considers taking a look at this summer? – Full story here.
- Cardiff boss Neil Warnock believes promotion rivals Fulham made the ‘best signing in the whole league’ when Aleksandar Mitrovic arrived on loan in January – with the NUFC striker having gone on to score 9 goals in 11 games for the Cottagers – Full story here.
- Alan Shearer has taken to Twitter to mock Harry Kane after he was dubiously awarded Spurs’ second goal on Saturday, claiming he’d have a few more to add to his 260-goal record if he appealed against every goal that he wasn’t given to him over his career! – Full story here.
- “Three ways the takeover fiasco could pan out between now and the start of next season” – A look at how to takeover situation at St James’ could unfold over the next few months – Full story here.
- And finally, a thought provoking piece by NUFC fan Archie Brand – “We’ve all questioned Rafa in one way or another, but we’ve all been proved wrong” – Read it in full here.
**NUFC U-23’s play Porto tonight in the semi-finals of the International Cup at St James’ Park. Free entry for ST holders or just £3 for Adults (£1 concessions). Get yourself down and support on the lads!**