A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Sky’s North-East correspondent Keith Downie has admitted that Rafa Benitez is currently ’50:50′ on whether to sign a new contract at Newcastle United as it stands – however he would ‘100%’ stay if Staveley took over at the club – Full story here.
- Aleksandar Mitrovic scored yet again in Fulham’s latest win last Friday, however the Serbian was VERY lucky to stay on the pitch after striking Millwall’s Tim Cahill – a moment of madness that proves just why Rafa Benitez has struggled to trust the talented striker – See it here.
- Liverpool’s Mo Salah may have scored a stunning 43 goals in his debut season in England, however the Chronicle have revealed just how close he once came to signing at St James’ Park – only for us to refuse paying the required £500,000 loan fee back in 2011 – Full story here.
- According to Sky Sports News, Rafa Benitez is NOT seen as a ‘strong candidate’ to become the new Arsenal manager – coming as reassuring news for us NUFC fans after seeing the Spaniard be tipped to replace Arsene Wenger at the Emirates – Full story here.
- According to reports in Uruguay, Rafa Benitez will revive his interest in Abel Hernandez – the Hull City striker who looks all set to be available on a free this summer – Full story here.
- An exclusive from Footy Headlines has leaked the alleged new Newcastle United home kit for the upcoming 2018/19 Premier League season – and it’s provoked a mixed reaction from fans – Full story here.
- Following Islam Slimani’s first start for NUFC in Monday’s 1-0 defeat at Everton, Jamaal Lascelles has admitted that we made it hard for the Algerian to impress – suggesting our service up to him wasn’t good enough – Full story here.
- After six injury-hit years on Tyneside, Newcastle United defender Curtis Good has confirmed that he will be leaving the club at the end of the season after failing to earn a new contract under Rafa Benitez – Full story here.
- Newcastle United’s Rolando Aarons could be facing jail time over a 90-second brawl in Newcastle which “blew up out of nowhere” back in 2016 – with the winger returning from his loan spell in Verona and admitting to affray in court – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)