A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- According to the Chronicle, Rafa Benitez is all set to be given the green light by Mike Ashley to spend money on new signings this summer – with the NUFC owner also ready to offer the Spaniard a new improved contract at the club – Full story here.
- It has also emerged that Rafa Benitez is ready to sell Aleksandar Mitrovic, Chancel Mbemba, Henri Saivet, Jack Colback, Matz Sels and Achraf Lazaar this summer – Full story here.
- The Chronicle’s Chris Waugh has written a piece today on the money set to be at NUFC’s disposal this summer, suggesting that Rafa Benitez COULD receive a transfer kitty in excess of £60m – plus money received from player sales – Full story here.
- Big-spending Wolves are understood to be one of ‘several’ Premier League clubs interested in signing Aleksandar Mitrovic this summer – Full story here.
- Following Rafa Benitez’s latest comments about potential changes to his side for this weekend’s visit of West Brom, we’ve looked at the THREE players we think could earn surprise starts on Saturday – Full story here.
- The Chronicle claimed last night that Rafa Benitez IS set to be given the green light to spend money this summer, with Mike Ashley preparing a new contract for the Spaniard – but big questions remain as to whether this will actually be enough for Benitez – Read our thoughts here.
- After Jordan Pickford ran over and gave it the big’n to the travelling Newcastle fans during Everton’s 1-0 win on Monday, the ex-Sunderland stopper has said there’s ‘no better feeling than keeping them quiet’ on his personal Instagram account – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have revealed that the likes of Adam Armstrong and Jack Colback may have to train with the Academy when they return to the club this summer – with Rafa Benitez admitting that training is overcrowded as it is without all the NUFC loanees – Full story here.
- And finally, Simon’s clear message to Mike Ashley – “cough up or sell up” – Read his new piece here.