A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- The agent of CSKA Moscow midfielder Aleksandr Golovin has confirmed that both Newcastle and Southampton are interested in signing his client this summer – Full story here.
- According to Shields Gazette reporter Miles Starforth, Islam Slimani has refused to speak to the press ever since he arrived on loan in January – claiming the Algerian hasn’t seemed remotely interested since signing at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Following Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to West Brom, Rafa Benitez has admitted that we have to improve if we want to compete in the Premier League – reminding Mike Ashley that he has come here to win trophies, not finish 10th – Full story here.
- Newcastle are ‘weighing up’ a summer move for Angers striker Karl Toko Ekambi – the Cameroonian striker who has scored a 17 times in Ligue 1 this season (The Sun) – Full story here.
- Some pretty horrific news from Italy today, as the girlfriend of ex-NUFC defender Davide Santon has admitted that they have been receiving ‘death threats’ on social media following his performance in the 3-2 defeat to Juventus on Saturday night – Full story here.
- According to an exclusive from the Daily Star, Leicester City are lining up a move to bring Rafa Benitez to the King Power Stadium – suggesting it would be ‘hard’ for the Spaniard to turn them down IF Mike Ashley failed to sell up this summer – Full story here.
- According to the Mirror, Swansea are ‘leading the chase’ to sign former Newcastle defender James Tavernier – with Everton and Burnley also eyeing a summer move to sign the Rangers full-back – Full story here.
- After their 1-0 win at St James’, it has been confirmed that caretaker manager Darren Moore has now earned more wins in 4 games than Alan Pardew managed in half a season with the Baggies – a stat Alan Shearer feels is ’embarrassing’ for the ex-NUFC boss – Full story here.