A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Ex-NUFC striker Andy Carroll has been involved in a ‘furious’ training ground ‘bust up’ at West Ham – fuelling rumours that he could return to Newcastle United this summer – Full story here.
- According to Italian outlet ‘Il Mattino’, Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis has called Rafa Benitez to ask him if he would be open to returning to Serie A – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have confirmed that Newcastle are in talks over extending Karl Darlow’s contract – however the goalkeeper will seek assurances that he’ll get a ‘reasonable chance’ of first team football before signing – Full story here.
- As revealed by the Mail’s North-East correspondent Craig Hope, Islam Slimani will end up having cost Newcastle a shocking £28,000 per minute & £2.5m per 90 minutes of football after receiving a three-match ban from the FA last night – Full story here.
- West Brom winger James McClean claims the players now finally ‘know what they’re doing’ on the pitch now former NUFC boss Alan Pardew has been sacked! – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Newcastle had scouts present to watch recently linked winger Garry Rodrigues on Sunday – and he went on to impress, scoring in Galatasaray’s top of the table clash with Besiktas – Full story here.
- With Stoke looking likely to go down, there’s a few player Benitez may be looking to pinch this summer – and one that will almost certainly be on our radar is Badou N’Diaye. Read why here.
- ‘Scout in Attendance’ have confirmed that Newcastle had club officials present to watch Sporting Lisbon’s 2-1 in over Portimonense on Saturday – and it has since emerged from O’Jogo that it was our old friend Bas Dost who we were watching – Full story here.
- Mo Diame – “The one NUFC player who can come out of Everton & West Brom defeats with their head held high” – Read Olly’s positive piece on the midfield enforcer who’s been anything but on the beach over the past week – Full article here.