A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Newcastle have published ‘detailed minutes’ from the Fans Forum meeting held at St James’ Park last Wednesday, with the club confirming that discussions to extend Rafa Benitez’s contract are ‘ongoing’ and the club IS still up for sale – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have revealed that Rafa Benitez will require assurances over his summer transfer budget, his ability to sign ‘experienced’ players, his control of all ‘football-related matters’ and confirmation of the club’s long-term ambition before before he agrees to any new contract under Mike Ashley – Full story here.
- According to the Daily Mail, Chelsea are open to selling Kenedy in a bid to generate funds this summer – however they are set to demand ‘over £20m’ for the left winger – Full story here.
- On the subject of Kenedy, Rafa Benitez has revealed that Chelsea are yet to decide whether they’ll be keeping him – but has hinted that Newcastle may have to settle for another loan deal if we wish to bring him back – Full story here.
- Fulham are eyeing a double-deal to sign BOTH Aleksandar Mitrovic and Dwight Gayle from Newcastle United this summer according to the Sun – Full story here.
- NUFC loanee Ivan Toney was back in the goals for Scunthorpe last night, with his crucial second half sealing their place in this year’s League One play-offs – he’s NUFC’s top scoring player this season but could be sold this summer – Full story here.
- It has emerged today that Anderlecht are now looking to push through a deal to sign Matz Sels permanently – however the Chronicle claim Newcastle are looking to recoup ‘at least’ the £6m paid for him in the summer of 2016 – Full story here.
- After a ‘bust up’ with David Moyes, the Chronicle have admitted that Rafa Benitez is actually a ‘known admirer’ of Andy Carroll – refusing to rule out a potential move for the striker this summer – Full story here.
- After just one start in their last 13, Watford boss Javi Gracia has admitted that Andre Gray may leave the club this summer – a player Benitez will have one eye on after being credited with interest in signing him from Burnley last year – Full story here.
- And finally, Simon has looked ahead to NUFC’s final month of the season – “The Mags in May – Where can Newcastle finish with just three games left to play?” – Full piece here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.