A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Just a few days on from admitting there is ‘no update’ regarding progress on his future talks on Tyneside, Rafa Benitez has once again called for the NUFC board to ‘clarify’ their ambitions going forward – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez is ‘determined’ to complete the signing of Martin Dubravka early this summer according to the Chronicle, with interest mounting from Italy, Germany & England – even if NUFC have the first option to sign him permanently – Full story here.
- According to the Mirror, Rafa Benitez remains interested in signing Middlesbrough winger Adama Traore – however it’s claimed that Chelsea are ‘leading the chase’ to sign the £30m-rated winger this summer – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez is also understood to be ‘receptive’ to selling Aleksandar Mitrovic for a fee ‘in excess of £20m’ this summer – with the Spaniard keen to reinvest that money so he can sign a ‘proven’ striker of his choice with ‘top flight pedigree’ – Full story here.
- Newcastle midfielder Mikel Merino has admitted that he will ‘clear his mind’ this summer and enjoy his holiday, insisting that he is ‘happy’ at the club and focused on playing football at NUFC – Full story here.
- After their relegation to the Championship was confirmed following a 2-1 defeat to Crystal Palace, several Newcastle fans have called for the club to snap up Stoke City winger Xherdan Shaqiri this summer – Full story here.
- As revealed by the Chronicle, the signing of Islam Slimani was seen as a ‘last-resort’ for Rafa Benitez, with Feyenoord’s Nicolai Jorgensen and Liverpool duo Daniel Sturridge and Danny Ings all above the Algerian on his January wish-list – Full story here.
- With the season almost over and the summer transfer window fast approaching, Rafa’s attentions will soon turn to bringing in some quality additions in at Newcastle – and Barcelona outcast Gerard Deulofeu could be one of them – Full story here.
- And finally, Simon has had a look at some of Rafa’s latest comments after another round of talks with the club , explaining why he is becoming more and more worried about the Spaniard’s future – Read his full piece here.