A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Alan Shearer believes Mike Ashley’s latest statement is a simple ‘copy and paste’ from last summer’, stating he needs to give Benitez the backing he deserves after admitting to being ‘very concerned’ about his position at the club – Full story here.
- Speaking to the Italian media, Rafa Benitez has confirmed that his priority is to stay in England and with NUFC, confirming he is ‘only talking to Newcastle’ in response to rumours over his future – all but ruling out a return to Napoli – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has alo asked the club to simply start doing the ‘right things at the right time’ when asked about what needs to happen to keep him at NUFC – saying he is ‘trying’ but will ‘see how far’ conversations go regarding his future – Full story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles has admitted that he’s ‘really happy’ on Tyneside and ‘loves’ playing for the club – stating he is fully focused on on Newcastle United and is not taking any notice of reports linking him with a move away this summer – Full story here.
- Kenedy has sent a heartfelt goodbye to everyone involved at Newcastle ahead of his return to Chelsea this week, saying it was an ‘amazing chapter in my life and I will never forget it’ – a message that made many fear he won’t be returning this summer – Full story here.
- According to a ‘source inside’ player agency SEG, Newcastle are one of three clubs that have ‘made contact’ to sign highly-rated Dutch international Quincy Promes – the Spartak Moscow winger who scored 21 goals in Russia this season – Full story here.
- BBC pundit Garth Crooks believes Rafa Benitez should win the Premier League manager of the season award and also feels the Spaniard is capable of doing what Kevin Keegan couldn’t – winning a trophy on Tyneside – Full story here.
- After failing with moves to sign the striker over the last two transfer windows, Turkish outlet Milliyet claim we are preparing a ‘very attractive’ offer for Galatasaray’s Garry Rodrigues – Full story here.
- As we saw yesterday, Mike Ashley has promised to give Rafa Benitez his ‘full support’ and ensure that ‘every penny generated by the club’ will be available to him this summer – a statement that could have riled Rafa – Full story here.
- And finally, read our player ratings following yesterday’s superb 3-0 win at St James’ yesterday. Some BIG marks out of 10 – See them all here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.