A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- As revealed by the Chronicle this afternoon, Rafa Benitez has confirmed that he will be STAYING at Newcastle United next season after holding a round of ‘positive talks’ with the club’s hierarchy – Full story here.
- This backs up claims from the Mirror earlier today, who suggested that West Ham turned their attentions to Manuel Pellegrini after Mike Ashley agreed to back Benitez this summer – a move that has seen him commit to the club next season – Full story here.
- According to the Northern Echo, Rafa Benitez has also rejected an approach from Zenit St Petersburg – despite the Russian giants offering him a ‘lucrative contract’ and ‘huge summer transfer budget – Full story here.
- Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson has likened Aleksandar Mitrovic to Alan Shearer, claiming that his performance in Fulham’s recent play-off win over Derby was one of ‘THE best’ target man displays he’s seen – Full story here.
- After seeing how Newcastle fans reacted to beating Chelsea and finishing 10th a few weeks ago, Jamaal Lascellesadmits he ‘couldn’t imagine how crazy it would be if we challenged or a trophy of won something” – Full story here.
- With several players appearing to have no future under Benitez, we’ve looked at 10 players NUFC look set to cash in on this summer – See full list here
- And finally, Simon’s taken a look at Yohan Cabaye – the ex-NUFC star we may just take a look at on a free agent this summer – Full story here.