A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- NUFC editor Mark Douglas has revealed that there’s ‘noises coming from the club’ that Benitez WILL get money to spend this summer – stating Newcastle are expected to finally break their transfer record in the coming months – Full story here.
- According to reports from England and Spain this morning, Everton are preparing a £30m offer for Jamaal Lascelles, whilst Sevilla have identified centre-back partner Florian Lejeune as a summer target – Full story here.
- After speculation today that Everton will bid £30m for Jamaal Lascelles, North-East reporter Miles Starforth has admitted that he has no intention of leaving NUFC – saying ‘this is the happiest I’ve been’ when asked about his future – Full story here.
- According to the Northern Echo’s Paul Fraser, Rafa Benitez is a long-term admirer of Adama Traore and is ‘considering’ a move for the Middlesbrough winger after his hopes of signing Kenedy on a permanent deal have ‘receded’ – Full story here.
- After news that ‘long-term target’ Abel Hernandez will be available on a free this summer, Hull City reporter William Jackson has admitted that the Uruguay international would ‘jump at the chance’ to join Newcastle United – Full story here.
- During a fascinating piece for the Chronicle, Mark Douglas has admitted that former targets Aubameyang, Lacazette, Batshuayi and Remy ALL would’ve joined Newcastle – only for Mike Ashley to offer way below their asking prices – Full story here.
- According to reports from the Middle-East, Islam Slimani could be set to sign for Saudi Arabian side Al-Hilal – a bizarre move that would see him reunited with the manager he played under during his successful spell with Sporting Lisbon – Full story here.
- Following news that Crystal Palace have registered their interest in Aleksandar Mitrovic, it’s been suggested on social media that Newcastle should explore a potential swap deal that would see Christian Benteke sign at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- With less than two weeks until they are set to be officially released, the alleged fixtures for the opening day of the 2018/19 season have been ‘leaked’ online – and it’s claimed we’ll face a trip to FULHAM – Full story here.
- According to the Daily Star, Newcastle are one of several Premier League sides keen to sign Jack Wilshere this summer – the Arsenal midfielder who could be available on a free if he fails to agree a new contract with the Gunners – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.