A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- As confirmed by the Chronicle, Newcastle defender Chancel Mbemba now looks all set to join Porto – with the Portuguese giants moving quickly for the centre-back after his proposed move to Anderlecht ‘broke down over a fee’ – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has asked for an update from Lee Charnley as he hopes for good news on the transfer front – with the Northern Echo revealing that he is pushing to sign striker, winger, midfielder & defender – Full story here.
- According to reports in Spain, Newcastle have attempted to hijack Roque Mesa’s permanent move to Sevilla – making contact with Swansea over a potential move for the midfielder – Full story here.
- The Mirror claim that Stoke boss Gary Rowett is ‘pushing’ to sign Dwight Gayle this summer – and the Chronicle have since admitted that Benitez could cash in IF a replacement is signed and a fee ‘in excess’ of £10m is offered – Full story here.
- According to the Northern Echo, Salomon Rondon IS someone Newcastle are looking at this summer – claiming that a move for the West Brom striker is ‘under serious consideration’ as Benitez looks to bring in a new target man – Full story here.
- After an ongoing row with the club’s president and violent attacks from fans, long-term target Bas Dost has terminated his contract at Sporting Lisbon – meaning he could technically join Newcastle on a free this summer – Full story here.
- According to Estadio Deportivo, Mikel Merino has told friends and family that he wants to leave Newcastle United this summer in order to secure a return to Spain – Full story here.
- After scoring goals for fun for both club and country, the Chronicle have revealed that Newcastle are set to demand as much as £30m for Aleksandar Mitrovic should he have a good World Cup – Full story here.
- According to the Sunday Post, Steven Gerrard is ready to accept defeat in Rangers pursuit of Martin Skrtel, with the experienced centre-back ‘poised’ to sign for Newcastle instead – Full story here.