A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- According to the Chronicle, Rafa Benitez is now aware of his transfer budget and is set to be handed something ‘close to last season’s summer spending’ – meaning he could receive just £40-45m, plus money from player sales – Full story here.
- During their latest piece on outgoings at West Brom, The Mirror claim Newcastle United are now ready to pay the £16.5m release clause to sign Baggies striker Salomon Rondon – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Chelsea look set to cash in on Kenedy this summer – but they will demand a fee in the region of £20m for the Brazilian – Full story here.
- After news today that Spain have now SACKED coach Julen Lopetegui, Lee Ryder has played down talk that Rafa Benitez could be set to take over – insisting that he is ‘firmly focused on the job in hand at Newcastle United’ – Full story here.
- Asked if there’s any truth behind claims that we’re set to activate Salomon Rondon’s release clause,Lee Ryder has admitted that he’s a player ‘in the mix’ at NUFC – but insists that ‘no real progress’ has been made on that deal ‘yet’ – Full story here.
- Matz Sels proposed move to Anderlecht is at risk of collapsing according to David Coverdale’s story for the Sun – claiming the Belgians are refusing to match our £2.25m asking price after seeing a £1.75m offer rejected – Full story here.
- Following claims from Spain that Newcastle have made a late attempt to pip Sevilla to the signing of Swansea’s Roque Mesa, the players agent has hinted that Rafa Benitez is someone who ‘knows him well’ – Full story here.
- After recent claims that Sevilla have made Florian Lejeune their top summer target, the Chronicle report that they are set to launch £13m bid for the Frenchman – an offer the Newcastle would immediately reject – Full story here.
- With Chancel Mbemba expected to complete a move to Porto this week, the Chronicle claim that West Brom’s Craig Dawson is a player Rafa Benitez has ‘considered’ as a potential replacement for the Congolese international – Full story here.
- And finally, after news that Chancel Mbemba is ‘close’ to joining Porto, NUFC have been urged to consider a potential part-exchange with the Portuguese giants – See more here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.