A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- Newcastle United defender Ciaran Clark has been ‘knocked unconscious’ and ‘rushed’ to a local hospital after being attacked in a bar during his summer holiday in Magaluf – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez is pushing to secure a double deal with Chelsea according to the Chronicle’s Chris Waugh, who claims the Spaniard is hoping to sign Ruben Loftus Cheek on loan AND Kenedy on a permanent deal this summer – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Crystal Palace are now ‘open’ to selling Andros Townsend this summer – with the ex-NUFC winger set to be offered to Rafa Benitez if Roy Hodgson finds a replacement – Full story here.
- Anderlecht’s sporting director has confirmed that their attempt to sign Matz Sels on a permanent deal has now collapsed – suggesting that the move became too expensive for the club – Full story here.
- According to the Daily Mail, Real Sociedad have now launched a £10.5m bid for Mikel Merino – with it looking increasingly likely that the Spaniard will leave Newcastle this summer – Full story here.
- Several Newcastle supporters have quickly changed their tune on January target Nicolai Jorgensen, with striker’s outstanding assist leaving fans impressed after Denmark’s latest World Cup outing this afternoon – Full story here.
- According to Ligue 1 journalist Manu Lonjon, Newcastle are interested in signing Toulouse centre-back Christopher Jullien – however we look set to face competition from Southampton for the giant Frenchman – Full story here.
- According to reports in France, Newcastle have made an enquiry over the potential signing of Giannelli Imbula – the £18m Stoke flop who has just enjoyed a successful loan spell with Toulouse – Full story here.
- After being pictured saying ‘pre-season ready’ in a Rangers kit, top NUFC youngsterMo Sangare has played down fears that he’s off to the SPL – admitting that it was actually his brothers top and that nothing has changed at NUFC – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Newcastle are ‘keeping tabs’ on Kasey Palmer’s situation at Chelsea – and could make an attempt to sign him on loan if moves for Kenedy and Loftus Cheek fail to come off – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)