A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- According to the Times, Crystal Palace have told Newcastle that they are willing to sell Andros Townsend this summer – but only if Mike Ashley meets their staggering £30m asking price – Full story here.
- During a piece on Rafa Benitez’s search for a new striker this summer, the Chronicle have admitted that Newcastle are likely to consider moves for Liverpool duo Danny Ings and Divock Origi – two players we tried to sign last summer – Full story here.
- According to the Telegraph, both Middlesbrough and Stoke have held ‘detailed discussions’ with NUFC over a potential £15m deal to sign Matt Ritchie this summer – Full story here.
- A picture has been leaked online showing what appears to be Newcastle United’s new away kit being displayed in a Sports Direct store abroad – and it’s rather nice! – Full story here.
According to the Mirror, Rafa Benitez is keen to sign Yoshinori Muto this summer – the Mainz striker who’s currently representing Japan at the World Cup – Full story here.
- After a few weeks of World Cup action, here’s a few players who may well have caught Rafa’s eye ahead of a potential summer move – Full story here.
- With hundreds of players linked so far this summer but no bids made, here’s a FOUR player Simon reckons might end up at St James’ Park this summer – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)