A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- As confirmed by the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, Newcastle look set to announce the free agent signing of former Swansea midfielder Ki Sung-Yeung – with the player having already undergone his medical – Full story here.
- According to Italian journalist Giulia Stronati, Newcastle have also made a move to sign Italian midfielder Stefan Sturaro – with the players believed to have rejected China in favour of a move to NUFC – Full story here.
- When asked about their rumoured interest in Matt Ritchie, Stoke City boss Garry Rowett has admitted that he is the ‘the type and level of player’ they’re looking to sign this summer – Full story here.
- According to the Times, Fulham are now moving closer to sealing the permanent signing of Aleksandar Mitrovic, with Newcastle setting his price tag at £20m following Serbia’s exit from the World Cup this week – Full story here.
According to Turkish newspaper Fanatik, Egyptian international Trezeguet will hold talks with Newcastle over the next 10 days before making a decision on his future this summer – Full story here.
- Boro reporter Philip Tallentire has admitted that a potential part-exchange involving Matt Ritchie and Adama Traore is something to two clubs may consider – although he believes NUFC would have to offer a player plus cash deal – Full story here.
- According to the Gazette’s Miles Starforth, Rafa Benitez is ‘sweating’ on new signings arriving at NUFC after being left ‘very frustrated’ by the lack of movement at the club so far (although that could now change with Ki signing) – Full story here.
- And finally, here’s the surprising reaction from NUFC fans following news that Ki Sung-Yueng looks set to sign on a free this summer – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)