A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- According to Sky Sports, Salomon Rondon’s proposed move from West Brom to Newcastle has now ‘stalled’ as two clubs ‘struggle’ to find an agreement – Full story here.
- Dwight Gayle has ‘no desire’ to leave Newcastle United and has turned down personal terms offered by West Brom according to The Chronicle, – explaining why a part-exchange involving Salomon Rondon is now in doubt – Full story here.
- Everton are now interested in signing Newcastle United skipper Jamaal Lascelles according to The Guardian’s Ed Aarons – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle, Yoshinori Muto should be officially announced as a Newcastle United player in the ‘next few days’ – claiming he may even make his debut in our final pre-season friendly against Augsburg on Saturday – Full story here.
- The Magpie Group – a network of supporter groups who have now joined forced – have sent a brilliant open letter to Mike Ashley, challenging the NUFC owner to ‘sell up and go’ after over 10 years of hurt at St James’ Park – Read it in full here.
- Rafa Benitez now looks set to keep Sean Longstaff at Newcastle for the first half of the season according to The Chronicle – with the club ‘pulling the plug’ on his proposed loan move to Portsmouth after impressing over pre-season – Full story here.
- Christian Atsu has sent a brilliant message to NUFC fans ahead of the new season, saying that everyone will see a ‘big difference’ in him over the next few months – Read his exciting comments here.
- According to reports in Turkey, forgotten Newcastle United midfielder Henri Saivet is now set to seal a loan move to Bursaspor – Full story here.
- Belgian outlet HLN claim Club Brugge winger Anthony Limbombe has been told not to train with the first-team ‘in anticipation’ of a potential move to Newcastle United – Full story here.
- According to BBC Newcastle’s Matthew Raisbeck, Newcastle are NOT interested in deals to sign West Brom’s Ahmed Hegazi or Lille midfielder Thiago Maia – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)