A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- Newcastle have now officially announced the signing of Japanese international Yoshinori Muto – with the striker completing his £9.5m move from Mainz and signing an ‘initial’ four-year deal – Watch his amusing unveiling video here.
- According to Sky Sports’ Keith Downie, Rafa Benitez has made a move to sign PSG left-back Stanley N’Soki – with the club now in talks over a potential £7m deal for the France U-20 international – Full story here.
- Newcastle are currently ‘negotiating’ a deal to sign highly-rated Lyon striker Myziane Maolida according to L’Equipe – although the 19-year old may only agree to sign if he is given first team assurances by Rafa Benitez – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, there’s now been suggestions from West Brom that Salomon Rondon’s£16.5m release clause has expired – Full story here.
- NUFC editor Mark Douglas insists there is ‘NO truth’ in claims from Belgium this morning that we’ve had a bid accepted for Anderlecht striker Isaac Kiese Thelin – Full story here.
- Speaking to BBC Newcastle’s Matthew Raisbeck, Rafa Benitez has admitted that he is still pursuing a deal to sign West Brom’s Salomon Rondon despite claims the deal had ‘stalled’ – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle, Newcastle United players did not speak to the media after the game last night because the club are yet to agree a bonus package ahead of the new Premier League season – Full story here.
- As revealed Ketch – a Match of the Day writer and avid Newcastle fan – Mike Ashley repeatedly said ‘NO’ when asked last night if he was finally going to give Rafa Benitez some money to spend this summer – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has revealed that new £9.5m signing Yoshinori Muto will give his team ‘energy’, ‘intensity’, ‘good movement’ and ‘quality’ after confirmation of his arrival today – stating he’s a player that he’s followed for ‘quite a while’ – Full story here.
- According to Goal reporter Robin Bairner, Newcastle are one of three clubs interested in signing giant Toulouse centre-back Christopher Jullien – Full story here.
- And finally, watch Rafa Benitez’s shocking Sky interview following last night’s 4-0 defeat to Braga – See it here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)