A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- The Chronicle have provided a positive transfer update as we enter the final few days of the window – stating that the club have now ‘sanctioned’ deals for TWO defenders over the last 48 hours – Full story here.
- Newcastle are now ‘close’ to completing a deal to sign Barcelona defender Marlon Santos on a season-long loan – however the move will hinge on whether or not he is granted a work permit – Full story here.
- North-East reporter George Caulkin has admitted that Marlon Santos’ work permit ‘will be an issue’ – suggesting the deal for Barcelona defender is hanging in the balance – Full story here.
- According to an exclusive from TEAMtalk, Newcastle are now interested in a deal to sign Wolves winger Ivan Cavaleiro – and Liverpool’s Danny Ings – Full story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles has now confirmed that the ‘off-field’ issues over bonuses have now been resolved – saying the squad now ‘know where they stand’, allowing us to focus on Saturday’s big game with Spurs – Full story here.
- According to RMC, Newcastle have ‘agreed terms’ to sign Valenciennes defender Sikou Niakate – however the player’s entourage are ‘increasingly concerned’ that a €3m (£2.7m) fee may not be agreed before tomorrow’s transfer deadline – Full story here.
- George Caulkin claims that a deal for PSG’s Stanley N’Soki is now ‘dead’ and that there’s ‘nothing’ in claims that we’re back in for Bristol Ciy’s Joe Bryan – stating Rafa is now ‘looking elsewhere’ for a new left-back – Full story here.
- According to Alan Nixon, Newcastle are now ‘trying again’ to sign Swansea centre-back Federico Fernandez – however the fee they’re demanding is currently higher than we want to pay – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have revealed that Rafa Benitez looks set to have Yoshinori Muto, Mo Diame and Martin Dubravka available for selection against Tottenham on Saturday – Despite two of them missing Saturday’s game with Augsburg – Full story here.