A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to The Chronicle, Rafa Benitez is still ‘unsure’ as to whether Jamaal Lascelles and Jonjo Shelvey will be fit to face Crystal Palace this weekend – Full story here.
- An intriguing theory has emerged on Twitter from True Faith stat-man Chris Holt, explaining just why Mike Ashley may have dropped his asking price from £400m to £300m – and it makes a fair bit of sense – Read it in full here.
- Les Ferdinand says he can ‘guarantee’ that there IS people interested in buying Newcastle – also feeling certain Mike Ashley does want to sell – believing his asking price is the only thing holding up a potential takeover – Full story here.
- NUFC loanee Dwight Gayle was back amongst the goals for West Brom last night, scoring in their 4-2 win over Bristol City at The Hawthorns – Watch his goal here.
- According to Sky Sports’ Martin Tyler, Matt Ritchie now holds the record for most away matches without scoring a goal in the Premier League – failing to score in his last 38 games on the road for Bournemouth and Newcastle – Full story here.
- Just a few weeks on from being in talks to sign at St James’ Park, PSG defender Stanley N’Soki has now signed a professional contract with the French giants, all but ending our hopes of signing him anytime soon – Full story here.
- According to Oddschecker, former Sunderland boss Martin O’Neill is now the bookies favourite to become the next Newcastle United manager – a reminder of just how grim life could be if Rafa Benitez leaves the club next summer – Full story here.
- According to Sky Sports’ ‘Power Rankings’ from the first five games of the new Premier League season, Ciaran Clark has been our top performing player so far – Full story here.