A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to The Chronicle, Rafa Benitez is set to hold a meeting at St James’ Park at the end of the month – with the Spaniard set to raise his concerns about our recruitment process, the Academy and the club’s U-23 set up – Full story here.
- During his latest piece for The Chronicle, Lee Ryder insists that ‘Rafa Benitez IS above criticism‘ – a statement that has provoked a VERY mixed reaction from several Newcastle fans on social media – Full story here.
- According to French outlet Le Nice Matin, Newcastle made a bid to sign Nice winger Allan Saint-Maximin – however the club did not respond, despite finding our offer ‘tempting’ – Full story here.
- Both Jamaal Lascelles and Jonjo Shelvey are yet to resume full training according to the Daily Star, with both said to be facing a ‘race against the clock’ to be fit for Saturday’s big game against Crystal Palace – Full story here.
- Toulouse centre-back Christopher Jullien has admitted that ‘there was interest’ from Newcastle this summer – claiming he was not ‘ready’ to move at the time, but could be in the future – Full story here.
- According to The Sun, Gareth Southgate is now considering giving Fulham’s Tom Cairney an England call-up – with the midfielder eligible to play for the Three Lions after only playing in friendlies for Scotland – Full story here.
- After an uninspiring second half display against Arsenal and us now in desperate need of our first win, we can expect to see a few changes for our trip to Crystal Palace on Saturday – See the team we expect to start here.
- “In any other circumstance, there would be serious concerns” – NUFC fan Neil Langer has his say on the current situation at Newcastle United – Read this reassuring thoughts here.